Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kayaks and Plovers

















I'm tuned to the sunrise and sunset. Though the clocks have changed, I still get up as the sun rises and jog when it sets. Tonight it sets at 7 pm, however, instead of 6.


It's still windy but the adventuresome are out. Two people in kayaks paddle where the waves crash, occasionally riding one to shore without planning to.
Tiny plovers skitter near the waves, their bodies floating above legs that whirl like cartoon characters.
I stand close to the waves to take photos until one catches me and I'm wet to the ankles before I even start jogging. That's never happened before.
It's the Sabbath: nothing to do but play and rest.
Delight in YHWH, says Psalm 37:4, and you'll be given the desires of your heart.
What a command.
Okay, YHWH, I'm here delighting.


No comments: